Lava has officially launched the Iris 506Q, a new smartphone in the Iris series. It went on sale online earlier this week, but the launch price is cheaper than the online price of Rs. 11700, which is a good thing. It has a 5-inch qHD (960 × 540 pixels) OGS display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 5-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, 720p HD video recording and a 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front-facing camera. It has Dual SIM support with dual standby and 3G connectivity. It also comes with FOTA feature to update the phone’s software over-the-air.
Lava Iris 506Q Specifications
- 5-inch qHD (960 × 540 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with Dual Standby
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- 5MP Auto Focus Rear Camera with LED flash
- 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing camera
- 8.9mm thick
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 3G (HSDPA: 21 Mbps) , Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP and GPS
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory (2.25GB of user memory), Expandable memory up to 32GB with micro SD
- 2000 mAh battery
The Lava Iris 506Q is priced at Rs. 10,999 and is available across India. No details about the official launch of the Iris 505 that went on sale earlier this week along with the Iris 506Q.