Intel already unveiled Clover Trail+ dual-core Atom processors, Z2580, Z2560 and Z2520 at the MWC 2013. Intel already promised that they would show the devices with the platform at MWC. These are based on 32 nm High-k/metal gate transistor technology and supports 1080p Full HD video recording and playback. These support up to 1920 x 1200 display for large screen tablets.
The Z2580 (2.0 GHz), Z2560 (1.6 GHz), and Z2520 (1.2 GHz) processors have dual 533 MHz SGX 544MP2 GPU in the Z2580, dual 400 MHz in the Z2560, and 300 MHz in the Intel Atom processor Z2520.
Features of Intel Clover Trail+ dual-core Atom processors
- 2.0 GHz (Z2580), 1.6 GHz (Z2560) and 1.2 GHz (Z2520)
- 32 nm High-k/metal gate transistor technology
- Support for Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual-core graphics at up to 300 MHz (1.2 GHz processor)/400 MHz (1.6 GHz processor)/533 MHz (2.0 GHz processor)
- Hardware-accelerated Video Encode and Decode of 1080p at 30fps video encode
- HDMI 1.3a interface
- Dual-channel 32-bit LPDDR2 interface up to 2 GB
- Primary camera support for up to 16 MP still image capture and full HD 1080p 30 fps video capture with digital video stabilization
- Secondary camera support for up to 2 MP still image capture
- Zero shutter lag with time shift
- Continuous image shooting at 3 fps for 8 MP images
- Real-time face detection and face recognition for face/friend optimized image capture
- HDR image capture with image stabilization and scene motion compensation
- Panorama captureBurst shot capture at 15 fps for 8 MP images
- USB-OTG 2.0 Interface
- Intel Smart Sound Technology
- Low-power programmable codec to decode/encode popular audio formats
- Intel Smart and Secure Technology
Lenovo K900 Clover Trail+ powered device with a 5.5 inch 1080p IPS display and 2GB RAM was unveiled at the CES 2013 last month. It would go on sale in the second quarter of 2013 in China, followed soon by select international markets. Smartphones with Intel Atom SoC (Merrifield) based on 22nm process would be available later this year.