Samsung has announced the Galaxy Beam, projector smartphone the successor of their previous Beam. It has 4.0-inch 480×800 (WVGA) TFT display and is powered by 1 GHz Dual-Core Processor. It runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). It has 5MP Auto focus camera with flash, 1.3MP secondary camera. It is 12.5mm thick and weighs 145.3 g. It has 15 lumens projector that allows users to freely share photos, videos or other digital media instantly and in crisp clarity up to 50-inch wide, even in outdoor environments.
Samsung Galaxy Beam Specifications
- 4.0-inch 480×800 (WVGA) TFT display
- 15 lumens projector with high-definition projection up to 50-inch wide
- 1 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 5MP Auto focus camera with flash, 1.3MP secondary camera
- Dimensions – 64.2 x 124 x 12.5mm, weight 145.3 g
- 786MB RAM, 8GB Internal Memory, MicroSD slot (up to 32GB)
- Bluetooth 3.0＋HS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, MicroUSB, USB 2.0, aGPS
- 3.5mm Ear Jack
- 2000 mAh battery
There are no details about the pricing and the availability yet. The GALAXY Beam would be showcased at Mobile World Congress 2012.