Bullitt Group has introduced Cat S75, the company’s next rugged phone, and the first phone with MediaTek’s NTN (non-terrestrial network) chip for two-way satellite messaging support.
Since it is a rugged phone with Mil-Spec 810H testing, it can survive extremes of temperature, high humidity, salt fog conditions, vibration and tumble tests and has been tested to withstand drops from up to 1.8 meters and is impervious to dust, sand and dirt ingress. It has been tested to a depth of 5 meters, as well as being able to handle high pressure water jets. It has IP68 and IP69K ratings.
CAT S75 specifications
- 6.6-inch (2400 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core (2 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 930 6nm processor with IMG BXM-8-256 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB UFS 2.2 storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 12 with 2 OS updates and and 5 years (3 years of quarterly SMRs and a further 2 years of Emergency SMRs as required) of security patches
- 50MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash, underwater mode
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- Dimensions: 171 X 80 X 11.9mm; Weight:268g
- SATELLITE: 23/255/256, 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5Ghz), Bluetooth 5.3,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 15W fast charging, Qi wireless charging
Bullitt Satellite Messenger for direct-to-satellite mobile phone technology for two-way satellite messaging
The Bullitt Satellite Messenger is the first 3GPP standards-based satellite NTN or ‘direct-to-satellite’ messaging service for mobile phones, said the company. It uses the new MediaTek MT6825 NTN chip and Bullitt Satellite Messenger to access a network of geostationary satellites.
Sending or receiving messages or sending an SOS assistance request via satellite requires a subscription and an NTN enabled device. But anyone, on any phone, can receive a message from someone using Bullitt Satellite Messenger service, said the company.
They will receive this as an SMS and can respond by downloading the free-to-use iOS or Android version of the Bullitt Satellite Messenger app, available in the App Store or Play Store.
Subscribers to the Bullitt Satellite Messenger service benefit from a twelve-month free of charge trial of SOS Assist, providing 24/7 access to emergency response centres provided by FocusPoint International. Direct-to-satellite messaging plans start at €4.99 (US$ 5.29 / Rs. 440 approx.) per month, with other flexible and heavier usage plans also available.
Pricing and availability
The Cat S75 is priced at €599 (US$ 634 / Rs. 52,480 approx.) / £549 and includes a 3-month free trial of the Bullitt Satellite Messenger Essentials service plan, which includes up to 30 direct-to-satellite messages per month.
It is now available to pre-order now from selected operators and retailers across EMEA. It will be showcased at the MWC 2023 next week.
Commenting on the launch, Richard Wharton, Co-Founder at Bullitt, said:
For the last 10 years we have been setting the standards for rugged phones both in terms of reliability and innovation. I’m proud to say that, with the Cat S75, we are once again raising the bar. The S75 has all the class leading rugged credentials you would expect from a Cat phone, combined with ultra-fast 5G and direct-to-satellite connectivity. The S75 offers a whole new level of resilience to mobile communications that other smartphones just can’t match. This is the best Cat phone we have ever made.