Instagram has unveiled Enhanced Tags on Reels, a feature that will make it easier for creators to get credit for their work. Enhanced Tags were first introduced for Feed in March, but they are now also readily accessible for Reels as well. Instagram had previously introduced six new features.
Proper creative credit and recognition serve as a springboard for new discoveries, new opportunities, and economic empowerment. This is especially important as more and more creators collaborate with one another. Until now, the Instagram community has banded together to support creators and also found alternative ways to credit one another, such as tagging one another in captions as well as photos, so we’re now adding this feature to our product, the firm mentioned.
People can share and view a creator’s specific contribution to a photo or video post using enhanced tags, which display a creator’s self-designated profile category on their professional accounts in their People Tag.
View this post on Instagram
How to Use Enhanced Tags
– Open the Instagram app and tap the (+) in the top right corner
– Create a new Post and tap Next
– Make any creative edits then tap Next
– After writing a caption, tap Tag People
– Select Add Tag and search and select your contributors
– Tap Show Profile Category to display the creator category
– Tap Done
– Once you’ve added any additional tags and details, tap Share
Introducing the feature, Instagram quoted that,
And as Reels also continues to be the largest contributor to engagement growth on Instagram, we’re excited to expand enhanced tags to Reels. Simply put—if you’re a makeup artist, songwriter or other significant collaborator on a post, your contributions will be more visible in the post or Reel.