After the vivo S10 and S10 Pro smartphones that were introduced back in July, vivo today introduced the S10e, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in China. It has a 6.44-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with notch that house a 32MP front camera. Compared to Dimensity 1100 in the S10 and S10 Pro, the S10e is powered by Dimensity 900. It has 8GB of RAM with 4GB of additional virtual RAM and runs Android 11 with OriginOS on top. It is just 7.49 mm thick and feature an aviation aluminum frame and weigh 175 grams.
vivo has used photochromic process for the back of the phone so that the colour of the back transforms when the sunlight hits in different angles. The S10e has 64MP main, 8MP ultrawide and a 2MP macro camera, and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 44W fast charging.
vivo S10e specifications
- 6.44-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display
- Octa Core (2 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 900 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 11 with Origion OS 1.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP camera with f/1.89 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultrawide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- Dimensions: 160.87×74.28×7.49mm; Weight:175g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5Ghz), Bluetooth 5.2,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) battery with 44W fast charging
The vivo S10e comes in Black, Watercolor and Radiant colours and is priced at 2399 yuan (US$ 373 / Rs. 28,105 approx.) for the 8GB + 128GB version and the 8GB + 256GB version costs 2599 yuan (US$ 404 / Rs. 30,450 approx.). It will be available to order from October 20th and will go on sale in China from November 1st.