Samsung teased the Galaxy Z Fold2 5G smartphone along with the Note20 series earlier this month. Earlier this week it confirmed Unpacked Part 2 virtual event for the phone on September 1st, now the detailed specifications of the phone has surfaced.
This reveals a 7.6-inch (2208×1768 pixels) Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED screen on the inside with 120Hz refresh rate to use up to three apps at the same time and it is said to come with additional plastic protective film. It is said to feature a 6.2-inch (2260 x 816 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity Flex display on the outside and feature an improved hinge, better protection against the dust and dirt.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 rumoured specifications
- 7.3-inch (2208 x 1768 pixels) Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2x main display, 6.2-inch (2260 x 816 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity Flex cover display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB storage (UFS 3.1)
- Android 10 with One UI 2.5
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 128.2 x 6.9mm; Weight: 279g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh battery with 25W wired and 11W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 will come in Mystic Black and Mystic Bronze colours and is said to be priced at £1799 (US$ 2390 / Rs. 1,75,425 approx.) in the UK and start at 1949 Euros (US$ 2320 / Rs. 1,69,700 approx.) in Europe.