LG already confirmed that it will introduce its first mid-range 5G smartphone – LG VELVET on May 7th in an online event. Today the company has revealed the specifications of the smartphone that includes a 6.8-inch 20.5: 9 aspect ratio Cinema FullVision FHD+ OLED display with Waterdrop Camera that houses a 16-megapixel camera, Snapdragon 765G with support for 5G, 8GB of RAM and a Waterdrop Camera that is a design in which 48MP main + 8MP ultra-wide + 5MP depth triple rear cameras and a flash are arranged in a vertical direction as if water droplets are falling.
- Quad binning technology that combines 4 pixels into a single picture in a low-light environment so that it can take clear pictures even in dark conditions.
- Voice Out Focus lets you individually separate background noise and voice when shooting a video. For example, you can remove the sound of wind from a windy beach and capture voice more clearly.
- ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) recording feature increases the sensitivity of the two high-performance microphones for vivid audio quality.
- Time Lapse lets users adjust the speed automatically according to the shooting target or movement even if there is no separate setting, and can freely adjust the speed even during video shooting.
LG says that the phone is 74.1mm wide, and has a ‘3D arc design’, which gently bends the left and right ends of the front display, and the rear cover is also bent at the same angle, and viewed from the bottom, it has a long oval shape. It has a metal frame and each corner has a balanced design that gives a sense of stability.
It has stereo speakers and Artificial Intelligence Sound that automatically analyzes the content being played and sets the optimal audio quality. It packs a 4,300mAh battery with support for fast charging. The phone also has support for LG Dual Screen and Stylus Pen that are sold separately.
LG VELVET specifications
- 6.8-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20.5: 9 aspect ratio OLED display
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide lens, 5MP depth sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh (Typical) battery with fast charging, 10w wireless charging
The LG VELVET comes in Aurora White, Aurora Gray, Aurora Green, and Illusion Sunset colours and the pricing will be announced on May 7th before it goes on sale through all the three major carriers in South Korea from May 15th. LG will recruit 300 ‘VELVETist’ from the 29th April to the 7th of May to try out the features of the smartphone for a period of 4 weeks.