Garmin, the brand which is known for its wide range of smartwatches has now announced its new luxury smartwatch – Garmin MARQ Commander. It features an always-on display, built-in topographical maps, tactical functions, activity tracking and more.
The MARQ Commander sports a 1.2-inch display with a resolution of 240 x 240 pixels along with always-on functionality. It is made of premium materials like stealth matte design, a purpose-built domed sapphire lens, matte diamond-like carbon-coated titanium bezel and tritone jacquard-weave strap. It features dual-format GPS coordinates, built-in topographical maps, tactical functions with a new kill switch function that when activated, clears the user memory. It also supports smart notifications, music apps, daily activity tracking, stress score, etc.
There is also a dedicated stealth mode, which when enabled stops storing and sharing GPS position and disables wireless connectivity and communication. It is preloaded with topographic mapping and navigation features. Other features include a unique dual-position mode, which simultaneously displays two sets of coordinate systems on a single data screen, Jumpmaster, tactical activity profiles and waypoint projection.
Garmin MARQ Commander highlights
- 1.2-inch display (240 x 240 pixels); always-on function, sunlight-readable
- Stealth matte design, a purpose-built domed sapphire lens, matte diamond-like carbon-coated titanium bezel and tritone jacquard-weave strap
- Dual Format GPS, Multi-GNSS
- Tactical Functions
- Smart Notifications
- Music apps
- Garmin Pay
- Stress Score, Performance metrics
- Apps and Activities
- Sensors – GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Heart Rate Monitor, Barometric Altimeter, Compass, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Thermometer, and Pulse Ox
- Dimensions – Diameter x Thickness: 46 x 14.4 mm; Weight – 87g
- Storage: 32GB
- Battery life – Smartwatch mode: Up to 12 days, GPS mode: Up to 28 hours
GPS with Music: Up to 9 hours, UltraTrac mode: Up to 48 hours
- Water-resistant up to 10ATM
Pricing and Availability
The MARQ Commander is priced at US$ 1950 (Rs. 1,38,970 approx.) and is available to buy from Garmin’s website.
Commenting on the launch, Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales said:
When we first announced the MARQ collection, we made sure each watch would continue to fuel our customer’s passions and reflect their lifestyle and we are excited to add MARQ Commander into the lineup. MARQ Commander is a tactical modern tool watch built for those who need a watch they can depend on with software for the mission at hand and a rugged design.