Samsung introduced the Galaxy Fold at its Unpacked event back in February and said that it will go on sale in April. But it didn’t happen since people who reviewed the device reported issues with the screen and the body. Later in July the company announced that it will roll out the foldable device in September after making improvements to the design and construction. Today it has confirmed the roll out of the Galaxy Fold in Korea from tomorrow, followed by France and Germany, Singapore, U.K. and U.S. It will be available both in 5G and LTE models.
Samsung Galaxy Fold specifications
- 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio main display, 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio cover display
- cta-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (Max. 2.8 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.7 GHz) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 3.0)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV
- 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4380mAh (typical) LTE / 4235mAh (typical) 5G battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Fold comes in Cosmos Black and Space Silver and will go on sale in Korea from tomorrow, September 6th at 2398,000 (US$ 1998 / Rs. 1,43,685 approx.) won for the 5G version. It will be available in France and Germany at 2100 Euros (US$ 2314 / Rs. 1,66,425 approx.) starting from September 18th. It will roll out in Singapore, U.K. and U.S. in coming weeks.