OPPO just launched the Reno 2 smartphone in India, as it had promised. It packs a 6.55-inch Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED panaromic display with ultra narrow bezels and 93.1% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 730G with 8GB of RAM, Game Boost 2.0, runs Android Pie with ColorOS 6 on top, 48-megapixel primary rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 13-megapixel telephoto lens for 5x hybrid zoom, 20x digital zoom, 8-megapixel 116 degree ultra-wide lens and a 2-megapixel mono lens. It has Ultra steady video mode that combines OIS and EIS, Ultra Dark mode, and Bokeh video for both the front and rear cameras.
It has a 16-megapixel Shark fin rising camera on the top. The company says that it will withstand over 200,000 times of lifting and the mechanism takes just 0.8 seconds. It has an in-display fingerprint scanner, gradient 3D Glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It has a 4000mAh battery respectively with VOOC 3.0 fast charging.
OPPO Reno 2 specifications
- 6.55-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio Dynamic AMOLED display with 100% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 0.8um pixel size, PDAF, OIS, EIS 8MP 116-degree Ultra Wide Lens, 13MP telephoto lens for 5x Hybrid Optical Zoom, 20X digital zoom, 2MP mono lens
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 160×74.3×9.5mm; Weight: 189g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (Typical) / 3915mAh (minimum) battery with VOOC 3.0 fast charging
The OPPO Reno 2 comes in Ocean Blue and Luminous Black colors, is priced at Rs. 36,990 and will be available for pre-order from September 10th September from Amazon.in, Flipkart and other retailers online and offline, and the sale begins 20th September.