Samsung launched its flagship smartphones S10, S10 Plus and S10e at MWC 2019. Alongside these three smartphones, Samsung also showcased the 5G variant of Galaxy S10, the Galaxy S10 5G. Today, Samsung has dropped a piece of news regarding the availability and roll out of the S10 5G.
Samsung has announced that Galaxy S10 5G will be available for purchase in Korea starting April 5th and will expand to additional markets after. The price starts at 1,397,000 KWR (US$ 1,230 / Rs.85,228 approx.) for 256GB storage variant and 1,556,500 KWR (US$ 1,370 / Rs. 94,958 approx.) for 512GB storage variant respectively. It will be available in Majestic Black, Royal Gold, Crown Silver colors.
Check out our hands-on impressions and the photo gallery here.
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G Specifications:
- 6.7-inch Quad HD+ (3040 × 1440 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED display with 505ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 2.1)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom, 3D Depth sensor
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, 3D Depth sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors — Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dimensions: 77.1 x 162.6 x 7.94mm; Weight: 198g
- 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4,500mAh battery with 25W Super fast Charging on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) fast charging, Wireless PowerShare
Commenting on the launch, DJ Koh, President, and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics said,
We are at the beginning of a new era where the incredible speed and connectivity of 5G becomes a reality, bringing the world closer to Samsung’s vision of connected living. We are proud of the work we’ve accomplished to bring our first 5G smartphone to market and look forward to bringing it to everyone around the world in the coming year.