Xiaomi today confirmed that it will introduce its budget Redmi 6 smartphone at an event in China on June 12th. This is the successor of Redmi 5 that was announced back in December last year. Xiaomi smartphones with model numbers M1804C3CC, M1804C3DE and M1804C3CE got certified by TENAA last month, so this could be the Redmi 6.
The phone is said to come in two versions, one with an Octa-Core SoC with dual rear cameras, and the other one with a Quad-Core SoC with single rear camera.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 rumored specifications
- 5.45-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Quad-Core / Octa-Core processor
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, secondary rear camera (High-end version)
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 147.46×71.49×8.3mm; Weight: 146g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
The Redmi 6 is expected to come in Blue, Black, Silver, White, Gold, Rose Gold, Purple and Red colors. Xiaomi is also gearing to introduce Mi A2 Lite, a mid-range smartphone in Singapore soon.