BlackBerry recently confirmed that introduce its KEY2 at an event in New York City on June 7th as the successor to last year’s KEYone. We had already seen press renders of the phone back in April, thanks to @evleaks we have more press renders that shows the 4.5-inch display with the June 7th date, keyboard on the front, dual rear cameras on the back and textured back.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) June 4, 2018
TENAA certification revealed that this will have the same display and physical QWERTY keyboard, but other things will get an upgrade.
BlackBerry teased a new key on the phone next to the symbol button.
BlackBerry KEY2 (BBF100) rumored specifications
- 4.5-inch (1620 x 1080 pixels) 3:2 display with 433 PPI, scratch-resistant glass protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- 4-row Physical QWERTY backlit keyboard with capacitive touch
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash,secondary rear camrea
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 151.4×71.8×8.5mm; Weight: 168g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3360mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The BlackBerry KEY2 event starts at 10AM ET (7:30 PM IST) on June 7th, Thursday, and the company will offer live stream on its YouTube channel.