Xiaomi just announced Mi 8 SE along with the Mi 8 and the Mi 8 Explorer Edition at an event in China. It comes with a 5.88-inch FHD+ AMOLED display from Samsung with a notch 86.12% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by the latest Snapdragon 710 with up to 6GB of RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, has a 12-megapixel rear camera along with a 5-megapixel secondary rear camera to capture depth information for portrait shots with AI and also has intelligent scene detection. It also has the same 20-megapixel front camera with AI portraits and AI beautification and uses pixel binning technology, combining the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel.
It has a 2.5D glass body, fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3120mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE specifications
- 5.88-inch (2244×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18.7:9 AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with 600 nits brightness, 60000:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, Dual PD, f/1.9 aperture, EIS, 5MP secondary camera with 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dimensions: 147.28×73.09 x7.5; Weight: 164g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO , Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3120mAh(typ)/3020mAh (min) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi 8 SE comes in Black, Blue, Red and Gold colors, is priced at 1799 yuan (US$ 280 / Rs. 18,960 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1999 yuan (US$ 312 / Rs. 21,070 approx.). It will be available in China from June 8th.