HMD Global, along with the new Nokia 5.1 and Nokia 3.1, also introduced the new Nokia 2.1, successor of last year’s Nokia 2, which is now a Android (Go edition) smartphone. It has a 5.5-inch HD screen, is powered by Snapdragon 425 with 1GB of RAM, has an 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel camera on the front.
It has a polycarbonate back with rounded design, metallic accents, dual front-facing stereo speakers with 3D formed stainless steel detail, and a 4000mAh battery that promises up to 2 days of battery life.
Nokia 2.1 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display, anti-fingerprint coating
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform with Adreno 308 GPU
- 1GB LPDDR3 RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition), upgradable to Android P
- Dual SIM
- 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dual speakers
- Dimensions: 153.7 x 77.7 x 9.35 mm
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4100mAh battery
The new Nokia 2.1 comes in Blue/Copper, Blue/Silver and Grey/Silver colors, is priced at US$ 115 (Rs. 7,801 approx.) and will be available starting July 2018.