LG is all set to introduce the G7 ThinQ smartphone on May 2nd. We know most of the specifications of the smartphone and even know how the phone will look like. Now a new report says that the phone will come with a dedicated Google Assistant button. A recent render just showed a power button on the right side, but the Google Assistant button will be on the left side of the phone, according to the report.
This will be the first phone to have a physical button to launch Google Assistant, same as Samsung’s Bixby button on the Galaxy flagships, but it will not be possible to be reprogrammed to launch another app, just like the Bixby button. It is not clear if it can be disabled.
LG G7 ThinQ rumored specifications
- 6.1-inch (1440 x 3120 pixels) FullVision MLCD+ 19.5:9 display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with LG UX
- 16MP dual rear cameras with f/1.5-aperture, LED flash, Laser Auto focus
- 8MP front camera with wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, dedicated Google Assistant button
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Stereo Speakers
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Fast charging, Wireless charging
We should know all the details when the phone goes official next month.