Vivo launched the V9 smartphone last month, now it has silently launched the V9 Youth, a cheaper version of the smartphone. It has the same 6.3-inch FHD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with a notch, 90% screen-to-body ratio, 1.75mm slim bezels, 4GB RAM and runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Funtouch OS 4.0, but his has a 16-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera to capture the depth information for portrait shots.
It also comes with Snapdragon 450 SoC instead of Snapdragon 626 and has 32GB internal storage instead of 64GB. It also has a 16-megapixel front camera instead of 24-megapixel on the V9.
Vivo V9 Youth specifications
- 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- 16MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.81 x 75.03 x 7.89mm ; Weight: 150g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3260mAh battery
Vivo V9 Youth comes in Pearl Black and Champagne Gold colors, is priced at Rs. 18,990 (Rs. 19,990 MRP) and is available from offline retailers across the country starting today and will be available from Amazon.in, Flipkart and Paytm Mall online from April 24th.
Commenting on the launch, Kenny Zeng, CMO, Vivo India said:
At Vivo, we are continually pushing norms to make cutting edge technology available to everyone at a competitive price. With the launch of the Vivo V9 Youth, we are bringing the best features of our flagship V9 in a new avatar for our young and modern consumers. Packed with a host of cutting-edge features, the Vivo V9 Youth is the perfect smartphone for consumers who want a holistic and powerful smartphone experience at a competitive price.