Panasonic today launched P101, the company’s latest budget smartphone and a variant of the P100 that was launched earlier this year. It has a 5.45-inch HD+ 2.5D curved glass screen with 18:9 aspect ratio, is powered by a quad-core MediaTek SoC with 2GB RAM, runs Android 7.1 (Nougat), has an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, both with LED flash.
It has dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 2500mAh battery, but it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
Panasonic P101 specifications
- 5.45-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.25 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory with up to 128GB microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Dimensions: 148.8x72x9.1mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2500mAh battery
The Panasonic P101 comes in Black color, is priced at Rs. 6999 and is available from offline retailer Sangeetha Mobiles. It also comes with 60 GB data for Idea’s new and existing customers (10 GB additional data on recharge of Rs. 199) and cashback of Rs. 2000 for Idea customers
Commenting on the launch, Pankaj Rana, Business Head – Mobility Division, Panasonic India, said:
In order to meet the needs of the trendy young users, we are now focusing on 18:9 aspect ratio Big View display smartphones and P101 is our second offering in the market with the same at an aggressive affordable price.