Xiaomi is all set to introduce the Mi Mix 2S smartphone at an event in Shanghai tomorrow. The company already confirmed Snapdragon 845, AI camera, AI face unlock, AI scene recognition, AI dual camera and wireless charging support for the phone. Today the company’s CEO Lei Jun on weibo confirmed 8GB RAM and 256GB storage for the phone and also said that it will have a ceramic body curved on all four sides.
The phone has also surfaced in a new video that shows the front camera has been moved to the bottom right corner on a bezel, and the phone still has a fingerprint sensor on the back, even though some rumors hinted at in-display fingerprint sensor to compete with Vivo. It is not clear if there will be a separate version. It also shows dual rear cameras.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S rumored specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, secondary rear camera
- 5MP front-facing camera with OV5675 sensor
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging, wireless charging
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S is said to come in Black and White colors. We should know the price when the phone goes official tomorrow.