Detailed specifications of the upcoming U12 smartphone surfaced earlier this month. Now the first image of the U12+ has surfaced along with few other details, thanks to @evleaks. According to the report the phone will come with a horizontal dual rear camera arrangement, feature dual 8-megapixel front-facing cameras for bokeh effects, similar to the HTC U11 EYEs that was introduced earlier this year. The U12+ will compete with the S9+ and the company might not introduce the standard U12.
Other specifications of the phone were already revealed, including a 6-inch QHD+ screen, Snapdragon 845 with 6GB RAM, Android 8.0, 12-megapixel rear camera along with a 16-megapixel secondary camera, both with Sony IMX3 series sensors and a 3420mAh battery. It is also said to come with second generation HTC Edge Sense for an improved squeeze interaction.
HTC U12+ rumored specifications
- 6-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Super LCD 6 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with HTC Sense UI
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP HTC UltraPixel rear camera with dual LED flash, secondary 16MP rear camera
- 8MP + 8MP dual front-facing cameras with Real-time bokeh effects
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Fingerprint sensor
- USB-C audio, HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation,HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition, Hi-Res audio certified
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3420mAh battery with fast charging
The HTC U12+ is expected in early May instead of late April as rumored earlier.
HTC's got an upcoming 5.5" phone, Breeze (second time as HTC codename), that's mostly notable for pushing full screen, 18:9 aspect ratio down to entry level. Therefore specs are nothing special (Mediatek SoC, 2/16GB, 13/5MP, 2730mAh, etc), and it should be priced to reflect that.— Evan Blass (@evleaks) February 4, 2018
HTC is also said to be working on Desire 12 and Desire 12+ smartphone that surfaced recently as Breeze and Breeze+ with 5.5-inch 18:9 aspect ratio screen Mediatek SoC, 2GB RAM 16GB internal storage 13MP rear and 5MP front camera and a 2730mAh battery.