Last month Meizu sent out a teaser for the media outlets in China that hinted at the E3 announcement on March 6th. But today the company actually confirmed that the E3 will be announced on March 21st. In addition several press renders of the smartphone have surfaced confirming the design of the smartphone.
The smartphone got certified by TENAA last month confirming unibody metal design, 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 display, 12-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras as well as side-mounted fingerprint sensor that was first introduced in the M6s last month.
The side-mounted Super mBack fingerprint sensor is expected to be customizable to perform several actions. It packs a 3300mAh battery and there is a mblu branding on the back. It has a 1.8GHz Octa-Core SoC, which could be Snapdragon chip or a MediaTek SoC, similar to the predecessor.
Meizu E3 rumored specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core processor
- 6GB / 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Flyme OS 6.2
- Dual SIM
- 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, secondary 2-megapixel rear camera
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.8 × 75 × 7.6mm; Weight: 163g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging
The Meizu E3 is expected to come in Champagne Gold, Obsidian Black and Dark blue colors. The phone is also expected to come in another variant with the name E3P. We should know the price of the phone when it goes official later this month.