Along with the Lenovo Mirage camera, Google in partnership with YI Technology introduced YI Horizon VR180 Camera at the CES 2018. It leverages Google’s new VR180 format so that the stereoscopic 3-D camera captures high-resolution, immersive 3D video in 5.7K resolution at 30 frames per second (fps). It also features instant in-device stitching and supports live streaming at 4k resolution.
Highlights of YI Horizon VR180
- Ambarella H2V95 chipset supports 5.7K video and photo capture.
- One-button live video streaming
- 2.2 inch (640×360 pixels) retina touch screen
- Built-in WiFi, USB Type-C USB port with HD speed data transmission
- Professional-grade 4 microphone design with outdoor noise reduction
- VR180 app by Google lets you manage photos and videos
- Compatible with YouTube and Google Photos
YI Horizon VR180 Camera will be available starting from the second quarter of 2018 and we should know the pricing closer to the launch.