Garmin has launched vivoactive 3, its new GPS-enabled smartwatch with 15 pre-loaded indoor and outdoor sports apps. It can monitor running, swimming, cardio or strength training performance, real-time and can also measure the elliptical, yoga, stair stepper, floor climbing, boxing and cardio workout performance.
Garmin vivoactive 3 features and specifications
- 1.2-inch (240 x 240 pixels) full-color Garmin Chroma sunlight-visible Display, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Dimensions: 43.4 x 43.4 x 11.7 mm; Weight: 43g
- Water resistant (5 ATM)
- Compatible with Android and iPhone
- Step counter, Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep) , Calories burned, Floors climbed , Distance traveled, Intensity minutes , TrueUp , Move IQ
- More than 15 pre-loaded GPS and indoor sports apps – Strength Training, Cardio Training, Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, Floor Climbing, Indoor Rowing and Yoga, Cardio workouts, Strength workouts , Automatic rep counting
- Sensors: GPS / GLONASS , Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor , Barometric altimeter, Compass, Accelerometer , Thermometer
- Monitor your fitness level with VO2 max and fitness age estimates, plus keep an eye on how you handle stress
- Battery life: up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 11 hours in GPS mode
Garmin vivoactive 3 comes in Black (stainless), White (stainless) and Slate Black colors and is priced at Rs. 24,990 It is available in selective stores of Croma, Helios and Reliance Digital and will be available from e-commerce platforms. Check out our hands-on impressions from IFA below.
Commenting on the launch, Ali Rizvi, National Sales Manager Garmin India said:
The launch of Vivoactive 3 is a short in the arm for (a variety) of fitness activity users. This is a single device accessible to do away with all your worries and to help you indulge in fitness like never before. Even the fitness wearable audience just got bigger and wider since Vivoactive 3 has the advanced capability to accommodate the diverse needs of a vast population.
You need not worry about tagging along with a different fitness device if you feel like doing yoga on one day and jogging the next day. Vivoactive 3 will stay fit for you anywhere, under the water, during the long, strenuous training hours. We are looking at a whole community of Vivoactive 3 users since it perfectly fits the requirement of a cardio-fitness trainer to people doing strength training inside the gym. All of them can accompany each other wearing the trendy Vivoactive 3 design. It looks sleek, stylish and prominent, all at the same time.