Meizu has sent out invites for the announcement of M6 Note, successor of last year’s M5 Note smartphone in China on August 23. The company is expected to improve the performance and camera for the phone. The phone is expected to come with the same 5.5-inch 1080p display as the predecessor, but it is expected to be powered by MediaTek Helio P25 SoC with up to 4GB of RAM and pack a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX258 sensor.
Even a blurry image that surfaced recently revealed some of the specifications.
Meizu M6 Note rumored specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.5GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P25 processor with Mali-T880 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Flyme OS 6.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, dual-band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
The Meizu M6 Note is rumored to be priced at 1599 yuan (US$ 240 / Rs. 15,280 approx.), but it is not clear if this is for the top-end version since the M5 Note was introduced starting at 899 yuan (US$ 134 / Rs. 8,590 approx.). The event takes place at Beijing Performing Arts Center and starts at 3PM China Time (12:30 PM IST). We should know all the details in a couple of weeks.