LG has launched its Q6 smartphone in India, as it had promised. It was introduced last month and packs a 5.5-inch FHD+ FullVision display with 18:9 aspect ratio, has facial recognition and military grade durability. It runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) and has a 7000 series aluminum frame.
LG Q6 specifications
- 5.5-inch 18:9 FHD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) FullVision 442ppi Display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform (4 x Cortex A53 1.4GHz + 4 x Cortex A53 1.1GHz) with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera, 100-degree wide angle
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- MIL-STD 810G certified
- Dimensions:142.5 x 69.3 x 8.1mm ; Weight: 149g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS / GLONASS, USB OTG
- 3,000mAh built-in battery
The LG Q6 comes in Astro Black, Ice Platinum and Terra Gold colors in India, is priced at Rs. 14,990 and is available exclusively from Amazon.in. It comes with up to 50GB additional data for Jio customers, one-time free screen replacement within 6 months, Rs. 3,200 worth of in-game freebies.
Commenting on the launch, Amit Gujral, Chief Marketing Officer, LG Electronics India said:
LG Q6 is a perfect example of Usability and Aesthetics. It offers Full Vision Display (18:9) which happens to be first in Industry at the price point it offers. With the introduction of this new range, we have ensured that consumers are able to enjoy the best of technology from the house of LG at price points that are well-suited to all of them. The bold, innovative features of the phone will provide an unmatched smartphone experience to them. Now every user will have a personalized product experience with the new Q6 range.
Commenting on the partnership, Noor Patel, Director Category Management, Amazon India, said:
In line with our vision of constantly expanding selection and enhancing choices for customers, we are delighted to be offered exclusive access to the first phone under LG’s much awaited ‘Q series’, the LG Q6. Smartphones are one of the fastest growing product lines and have repeatedly been one of the top selling categories on Amazon.in.