Lenovo / Moto India has launched Moto G5 smartphone in the latest Moto G series in India soon after the launch of Moto G5 Plus smartphone in the country. It was introduced at the MWC 2017 back in February and packs a 5-inch 1080p display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 SoC and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat). It has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with phase detect auto-focus (PDAF) and LED flash. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button and also has water repellent nano-coating.
Unlike the Moto G5 Plus, the Moto G5 has a removable back cover as well as a removable battery. It has dedicated dual SIM slots, microSD card slot and packs a removable 2800mAh battery with support for rapid charging. The phone comes with Amazon Prime, Amazon.in and Kindle app pre-installed.
Moto G5 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core 64-bit Snapdragon 430 (MSM8937) processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128 GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with OmniVision OV5693 sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Front-ported loudspeaker
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 144.3x73x9.5 mm; Weight:144.5g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n ((2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 2800mAh battery with rapid charging
The Moto G5 comes in Lunar Gray and Fine Gold colors, is priced at Rs. 11,999. It will be available starting today midnight exclusively on Amazon.in. Amazon Prime customers will get Rs.1000 in Amazon Pay balance. HDFC credit card users will get Rs. 1000 cashback. Early buyers will also get 16GB micro SD card along with the Moto G5. Check out the unboxing and hands-on impressions here.