To celebrate fifth anniversary of the original Raspberry Pi, the company has launched Raspberry Pi Zero W, a new affordable Raspberry Pi that has same features as the most affordable $5 Raspberry Pi Zero that was introduced back in 2015, and this also includes WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 for $5 more.
Raspberry Pi Zero W specifications
- Broadcom BCM2835 application processor clocked in at 1GHz (ARM11 core that’s 40% faster than Raspberry Pi 1)
- 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- microSD Card Slot
- miniHDMI Output (1080p 60 fps)
- microUSB Ports (Data and Power)
- Unpopulated composite video header and unpopulated 40 pin GPIO header
- Composite video and reset headers
- CSI camera connector
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
There are also cases for Raspberry Pi Zero W made by Kinneir Dufort and T-Zero. This shares the same design language as the official case for the Raspberry Pi 3, and features three interchangeable lids.
The Raspberry Pi Zero W costs just $10 (Rs. 670 approx.) and is available from most Zero distributors, including new ones like ModMyPi in the UK, pi3g in Germany, Samm Teknoloji in Turkey, Kubii in France, Spain, Italy and Portugal, and Kiwi Electronics in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.