Xiaomi just announced Mi 5c, successor of Mi 4c that was introduced back in 2015. It has the same 5.15-inch 1080p display from JDI with 1.6mm ultra narrow bezels and it is the first smartphone to be powered by Xiaomi’s own 2.2GHz Octa-Core Surge S1 processor that was introduced today.
Xiaomi said that the Surge S1 chipset is able to intelligently adjust the Mi 5c screen between 2048 brightness levels to match ambient light levels, allowing for smooth transitions between light and dark surroundings that maximize eye comfort whether walking into a building, riding on a train, or simply turning out the light at night.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with 1.25 μm pixel size and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It should run Android 7.0 (Nougat) and Xiaomi says that Android 7.1 (Nougat) update will be available in March. It also has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
It has a unibody metal design, yet weighs just 135 grams. It has 4G LTE support with VoLTE, dual nano SIM slots without a microSD slot, but it has 64GB of internal storage which should be enough for all your needs. It packs a 2860mAh battery with support for 9V/2A fast charging that promises full day battery life.
Xiaomi Mi 5c specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD curved glass display, 94.4% of the NTSC color gamut, 550 nits brightness, 1500: 1 contrast ratio
- 2.2GHz Xiaomi Surge S1 64-bit Octa-Core processor with quad-core Mali-T860 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal storage
- Android with MIUI 8, upgradable to Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 1.25 μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens 27-mm wide angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 27 mm wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Dimensions: 144.38 x 69.68 x7.09 mm ; Weight: 135g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 2860mAh (typical) / 2810mAh (minimum) built-in battery with fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi 5c comes in Rose Gold, Gold and Black colors and is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 218 / Rs. 14560 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting from March 3rd.