Xiaomi today announced that it will unveil the Redmi Note 4X, an enhanced version of the Redmi Note 4 in China for Valentine’s Day, February 14th. The teaser says that it will be introduced by a new ambassador, who could be 16 years old, but it did not reveal any other details about the smartphone. Earlier rumors indicate that the phone will be powered by Snapdragon 653 SoC instead of Helio X20 in the Chinese or Snapdragon 625 in the Indian version of the Redmi Note 4.
According to an image that surfaced in December last year, it will run Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8.1 on top, pack 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, Other specifications are expected to be similar to the original Note 4.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X rumored specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 72% NTSC color gamut, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor (Quad 1.95GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8.1 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 16MP / 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 151x76x8.35mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4100mAh (typical) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X is rumored to start at 1299 yuan (US$ 189 / Rs. 12710 approx.).