Meizu just announced M5 Note, the company’s latest smartphone in the Note series at an event in China, as it had promised. It a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P10 processor, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Flyme OS 6.0 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) for fast focus in just 0.2 seconds and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has Meizu’s signature mBack fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds and can also be used for payments such as Alipay. It packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 18W mCharge fast charging that can charge the phone fully in just 90 minutes.
Meizu M5 Note specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) LTPS 2.5D curved glass display, 1000: 1 contrast ratio
- 1.8 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 16GB / 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Flyme OS 6.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153.6×75.8×8.15mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G voLTE, dual-band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3920mAh (minimal) battery
The Meizu M5 Note comes in Gray, Silver, Champagne Gold and Blue colors and is priced at 899 yuan (US$ 130 / Rs. 8,880 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 16GB storage version, 999 yuan (US$ 145 / Rs. 9,870 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1499 yuan (US$ 218 / Rs. 14,810 approx.). It will be available for order in China starting today and goes on sale from 8th December.