Lenovo today launched K6 Power smartphone in India, as it had promised. It was introduced at the IFA back in September, packs a 5-inch 1080p display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 processor, has a fingerprint sensor and has a huge 4000mAh battery that promises up to 96.5 hours of music playback, 12.6 hours of web surfing, up to 13.6 hours of video playback, 27 days standby. It also has USB OTG reverse charging to charge other devices.
It also has TheaterMax technology, similar to most other Lenovo Vibe series phones for an immersive VR experience when combined with a VR headset.
Lenovo K6 Power specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display, 450 nits brightness, 178-degree viewing angle
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX219 sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos, FM radio
- Dimensions: 141.9 x 70.3 x 9.3 mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 4000mAh built-in battery
The Lenovo K6 Power comes in Dark gray, Gold and Silver colors, is priced at Rs. 9999 and will be available exclusively from Flipkart starting from December 6th at 12PM through open sales. Check out our hands-on impressions of the smartphone here.
Commenting on the launch, Sudhin Mathur, Executive Director, Lenovo Mobile Business Group India, said:
We are the number 2 smartphone brand by value and volume in India and have been a dominating player in the online space since last 7 quarters. We have set benchmarks in the industry with our product propositions and have emerged as a prime challenger brand in the smartphone category. Our latest offering the Lenovo K6 Power comes with a strong legacy of the successful K-series and is an all-round performer best suited for millennials.
Ajay Yadav, Vice President, Mobiles, Flipkart, said:
Debuting the most successful Lenovo K Series in India with the launch of K3 Note to K5 Note and K5 Plus, Flipkart and Lenovo’s partnership has grown several fold since. Having sold more than 6 million Lenovo devices in the last 24 months is a testimony of the runway hit these devices have been amongst the Flipkart customers. With the launch of the next kickass phone in this series – K6 Power, we hope to build on this successful association and our commitment to make the most differentiated smartphone technology accessible to our 100 million+ customers.