Xiaomi just announced Redmi 4A, its latest budget 4G smartphone in the Redmi series along with the Redmi 4. It has a 5-inch HD display, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF, LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has hybrid dual SIM slot and comes with a unibody design with metal matte finish, but it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor like the Redmi 4. It packs a 3120mAh built-in battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 139.5×70.4×8.5mm;Weight: 131.5g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 3030mAh (minimum) / 3120mAh (typical)
The Xiaomi Redmi 4A comes in comes in Gold and Rose Gold colors and is priced at 499 yuan (US$ 74 / Rs. 4930 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting from November 11th.