Samsung has announced W2017 (SM-W2017), the company’s latest premium flip phone in China, which is the successor of the W2016 that was introduced last year. It packs dual 4.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED displays, so that you can use the phone even when it’s closed. You can flip open to use the other screen with a keyboard.
It is powered by a Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has metal frame and a glass back, similar to the predecessor, has a fingerprint sensor on the back along with a heart rate sensor.
Samsung W2017 specifications
- 4.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED dual displays
- 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, 1.4μm pixels
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, heart rate sensor
- Dimensions: 127.8 x 61.4 x 15.8mm, Weight: 208g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS + GLONASS, NFC
- 2300mAh battery with Fast Charging (wired and wireless)
The Samsung W2017 comes in Black and Gold colors. No details about the pricing or availability yet.