Google just unveiled its Pixel smartphone in the new ‘Pixel series’ at its event in San Fransico. It packs a 5-inch 1080p AMOLED display, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat). It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It also has a fingerprint sensor on the front and a glass and aluminium back. It comes with unlimited cloud storage.
Google Pixel specifications
- 5-inch (1920x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR RAM, 32GB / 128GB internal storage
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- 12.3MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX378 sensor, 1.55um pixel, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, LDAF
- 8MP front camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 143.8 x 69.5 x 8.6mm; Weight: 143g
- 3 microphones, 3.5mm audio jack
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 2,770mAh battery
The Google Pixel comes in Quite Black, Very Silver and limited edition U.S. only Really Blue colors and starts at $649 (Rs. 43,190 approx.) for 32GB and $749 (Rs. 49,900 approx.) for the 128GB version. It will be available for pre-order in the US, Australia, Canada and Germany starting today. It will be available for pre-order in India on Flipkart online on October 13th starting at Rs. 57,000. It will also be available from Reliance Digital, Croma and other stores offline.