Xiaomi just announced Redmi Pro, the company’s latest smartphone in the Redmi series at an event in China. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p OLED 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a deca-core MediaTek Helio X20 / X25 SoC and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has dual rear cameras, a 13-megapixel camera along with a 5-megapixel camera for achieving depth of field and real-time background blur. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the front built into the home button.
It has brushed metal body and comes with 4G LTE connectivity along with support for VoLTE (Voice Over LTE).
Xiaomi Redmi Pro specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD OLED 2.5D curved glass display, up to 100% NTSC color gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio
- Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 / Helio X25 processor with Mali-T880MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage / 4GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX258 sensor, 5MP secondary camera with Samsung sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: : 151.5 x 76.2 x 8.15 mm; Weight: 174g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4050mAh (typical) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi Pro comes in Gold, Silver and Gray colors and is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 224 / Rs. 15,110 approx.) for the standard 2.1GHz Helio X20 SoC, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant, 1699 yuan (US$ 254 / Rs. 17,130 approx.) for the high-end 2.3GHz Helio X25 SoC, 3GB RAM with 64GB storage variant and the premium version with 2.5GHz Helio X25 SoC, 4GB RAM and 128GB storage is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 299 / Rs. 20,150 approx.). It will be available for order in China from August 6.