ZOPO has launched its flagship Speed 8 smartphone in India, as it had promised last week. It was announced at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2016 in Barcelona earlier this year as the first smartphone to pack a Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 processor. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p screen, has 4GB of RAM and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
It packs a 21-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX230 sensor, PDAF for fast focus in just 0.2 seconds and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera that also comes with LED flash.
ZOPO Speed 8 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 processor with 700MHz Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM
- 21MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX230 sensor, 6P lenses
- 8MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 4P lenses
- Dimensions: 152.5 x 76.35 x 9.8mm; Weight: 136g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Front-facing speaker
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC, USB OTG
- 3600mAh battery with fast charging
The ZOPO Speed 8 comes in Black and Silver colors and is priced at Rs. 29,999. It is available through online retailers including Flipkart and from offline retailers as well.
Commenting on the launch, Kevin Xu, Founder Zopo brand, said:
The smartphone market in India is going through a cut-throat competition of sorts and relevance and technology innovation dictates what is here to stay. There is no place for ‘me toos’ in the market. Keeping today’s smart, discerning and technology savvy millennial in mind, we design our smartphones and make sure they are at par with contemporary trends and at the same time, they are futuristic as well. India is a strategic market for us and we are in India, for India. With this overriding commitment at our core, we launched the sophisticated Zopo Speed 8 here.