Huawei just announced Honor 5A, the company’s budget Honor series smartphone in China, as it had promised. It is the successor of last year’s Honor 4A. It has a 5.5-inch HD display,is powered by Huawei’s own Kirin 620 64-bit A53 Octa-core processor or a Snapdragon 617 SoC, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Emotion UI 4.1, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dedicated dual SIM slots along with microSD card slot, comes with 4G VoLTE connectivity and packs a 3100mAh battery. It has 3D patterns on the back.
Huawei Honor 5A specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display, 178-degree viewing angle, 1000:1 contrast ratio, tempered glass protection
- 1.2 GHz Octa-Core Kirin 620 processor with Mali 450 GPU / Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Emotion UI 4.1
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony/OmniVision sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 28mm wide-angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera,Sony/Hynix BSI sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 27mm wide-angle 4P lens
- Dimensions:154.3×77.1×8.45mm; Weight: 168 grams
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3100mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) lithium polymer battery
The Huawei Honor 5A comes in black, white, blue and gold colors and is priced at 699 yuan (US$ 106 / Rs. 7130 approx.) for the standard version and 799 yuan (US$ 121 / Rs. 8150 approx.) for the China Unicom, China Telecom and entire network version. It is available for order starting today through vmall and will go on sale in China from June 17th.