Coolpad has launched Coolpad Max, the company’s flagship smartphone in India, as it had promised. It has a 5.2-inch 1080p IPS 2.5D Curved display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Cool UI 8.0 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) for quick focus and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has Dual Space feature that allows users to have two accounts on WhatsApp, Facebook and other social media applications in a single smartphone with a BiLogin feature. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back and also lets you use it for App Shortcut, Quick Capture, One Key Dial, Switch Space and more. It has Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology and the 9V/2A charger and offers 2 hours of talk time with 5 minutes of charge.
Coolpad Max specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 95% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Cool UI 8.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- Dimensions: 152×75.5×7.6mm; Weight: 170g
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, ISOCELL CMOS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6P lenses, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera, OV5648 sensor
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2800mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Commenting on the launch, LI Bin, CEO, Coolpad Group, said:
India remains one of the most important market for Coolpad. We aim to get all our latest products to the country, which is very much in line with philosophy of “Empowering everyone everywhere”. India is a huge and growing market, people want fantastic experiences just like people want anywhere and it’s a market that appreciates innovation. Coolpad Max is a result of our dedication and focus on research and manufacturing. By the end of 2016, we will be setting up an R&D center in India and foraying into offline stores to further strengthen our presence in the country. We are confident to reach a sales mark of 3 million handsets and capture 3-4% market share by year end.
Syed Tajuddin, CEO, Coolpad India said:
Consumers demand and deserve greatness from their smartphone – in function, design, camera and battery life. Coolpad Max is the result of our brand philosophy and our endeavor to bring technology which empowers our consumers. Many people struggle to find the right balance between their personal and professional lives, sometimes using two phones as a solution. Dual Space helps users to separate their personal and professional lives by allowing them to have two accounts on various apps on a single device. To protect both personal and professional information, Coolpad has installed encryption technology that ensures any data, contacts, photos, videos, and applications stored on the smartphone can be well protected without worrying about data leakage.