Huawei has sent out press invites for the launch of its upcoming flagship P9 smartphone at an event in London on April 6th, as rumored earlier. Even though the invite doesn’t mention that it will unveil the P9, the two circles reveal dual rear cameras on the smartphone. It also has a tagline – Change the way you see the world, which again hints at the phone’s camera that is said to come with Leica lenses after its recent partnership.
The P9 is expected to come in 3 variants and also with a larger screen, which will be called P9 Max. The entry-level variant is expected to be powered by Snapdragon 650, pack 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. The standard variant is expected to be powered by Kirin 950 SoC, pack 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, while the high-end could be powered by Kirin 955 SoC, pack 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The P9 Max is expected to be similar to the high-end version of the P9, but it will come with a 6-inch Quad HD screen.
Huawei P9 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Kirin 950 / 955 processor with Mali T880MP4 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB RAM, 32GB/ 64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Huawei Emotion UI
- 12MP dual rear camera with Leica lenses, dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM
- Fingeprint sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and NFC, USB Type-C
- 3900mAh battery
The Huawei P9 and P9 Max are rumored to come in gold, white, pink and grey colors. We should know the pricing for all the variants at the launch next month.