We have already seen a couple of press renders of the Huawei P9 and now a possible launch date is revealed by @evleaks. According to the popular tipster, the upcoming flagship from Huawei is expected to launched on April 6th.
@evleaks had earlier reported that the Huawei P9 will be released in three different variants. The standard variant is expected to be powered by Kirin 950 SoC, pack 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, while the high-end could be powered by Kirin 955 SoC, pack 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The P9 sports a dual rear camera setup, dual LED flash and laser auto focus.
Huawei P9 launches Wednesday, April 6th.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) March 6, 2016
Huawei P9 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Kirin 950 / 955 processor with Mali T880MP4 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB RAM, 32GB/ 64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Huawei Emotion UI
- 12MP dual rear camera with Leica lenses, dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM
- Fingeprint sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and NFC, USB Type-C
- 3900mAh battery
Huawei is also expected to announce the P9 Max which will be a high-end version of the P9. It must be noted that Huawei has not officially announced the launch date for the P9.