LG usually introduces official case for their upcoming flagships every year, this time Xiaomi has teased (Via) a clear protective case for its upcoming flagship Mi 5 smartphone. Xiaomi says that the case will be just 0.45mm thick. It also reveals that the camera will be present on the left corner, the USB Type-C port will be present on the bottom with dual speakers. These coincide with earlier leaks.
Li Wanqiang already confirmed that Xiaomi Mi 5 will not features a 2k display like the Mi Note Pro due to high battery consumption, sit is clear that it will come with a 1080p display. A screenshot of Mi 5 from Hugo and Lei Jun already revealed that is will come with dual SIM support with dual standby, support for all networks in China and NFC. Hugo Barra recently posted an HDR image taken with the Mi 5 that confirmed 16MP rear camera.
Xiaomi Mi 5 rumored specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920×1080 pixels) display
- Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core SoC with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash
- 8-megapixel or 13-megapixel front-facing camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C
- 3,600mAh non-removable battery
The Xiaomi Mi 5 will be introduced during the MWC 2016 on 24 February. The event is scheduled in China National Convention Center at 14:00 China time (11:00 AM IST).