Samsung had announced Gear S2 Classic 18K Rose Gold and Platinum editions at CES 2016 earlier this month. Today, the company has globally launched these two smartwatches.
The new 18K Rose Gold edition features rose gold plating (18K) and comes with an Ivory Genuine Leather Band, while the Platinum version showcases platinum finishes with a Black Genuine Leather Band. In addition to new editions, the smartwatches feature Peanuts characters and artwork by creatives such as Keith Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat. Samsung has partnered with additional developers including the CNN and Bloomberg Gear S2 apps, which have heir own specialized watch face features, while others like eBay, ESPN, Uber and Voxer are designed to enhance the convenience of the device.
Samsung Gear S2 classic Specifications
- 1.2-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED display, 302 ppi
- 1 GHz Dual-Core Exynos 3250 processor
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory
- Tizen based wearable platform
- IP67 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer
- 250mAh Li-ion battery
Last week, Samsung launched the Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic smartwatches in India. It has a 1.2-inch ( 360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED displays, rotating bezel and run on Tizen based wearable platform. Check out our hands on of both these smartwatches here.