Vodafone has launched its 4G LTE services in Kolkata after a month of launching its 4G services in Kerala. It was launched in Mysore earlier this month. It is based on 1800MHz FDD-LTE band 3 and is built on a strong fibre backhaul. Vodafone 4G is available in BBD Bag, Park Street, Alipore, Ballygunge, Salt Lake Sector 5, Airport and EM bypass in the circle and the roll-out will be completed across all parts of Kolkata by June 2016 in a phased manner.
Vodafone said that its 4G customers can avail 4G international roaming in UK, Germany, Romania, Spain and Netherlands. It will out 4G services in important metros – Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru by March 2016, and testing has already commenced successfully in these locations.
Vodafone’s Kolkata customers have a bonanza of special benefits to enjoy the 4G experience seamlessly that includes:
- FREE upgrade to 4G for customers along with high-speed 4G SIM
- Watch your favourite movies with Free Unlimited movie subscription through a partnership with Hungama Play – access to 7500 + titles (including 70+ Bengali movies) for 3 months
- Listen to latest songs with Free unlimited music streaming on Vodafone Music (over 1.2 million songs to choose from)
- 100% Extra Data – for all 4G RED customers for 3 months
- 100% Extra Data – for 1GB + 4G recharges –for 1 month
- Array of Data Packs ranging from 150MB for just Rs 42 to a bonanza pack of 25GB at Rs 2049
- 4G Mobile Wi-Fi that supports connectivity for up to 10 devices
Seamless customer experience
- Instant SIM swap at all Vodafone stores and select retail outlets
- Vodafone subscribers can also check if their SIM / Phone is 4G compatible by sending an SMS <4GCHECK> to 199
- Request for 4G SIM by calling the call centre or sending an SMS <4GSIM to 199>
- Same day door-step delivery of postpaid 4G SIMs (for requests received before 3:00pm that day)
Commenting on the launch of 4G services in Kolkata, Naveen Chopra, Chief Operating Officer, Vodafone India said:
We are delighted to launch our high-speed 4G services in Kolkata for our customers to experience the most advanced wireless broadband experience available across the globe today. 4G has the potential to revolutionize the mobile experience through powerful innovation that impacts how we work and live. Vodafone’s global expertise and experience of launching 4G across 20 countries gives us a better understanding of this technology and the needs of the 4G customer.
Initial response from customers who have experienced our 4G services in Kerala and Karnataka has been positive and encouraging. As a steadfast partner of Digital India, we remain focused on deploying multiple technologies –be it 2G, 3G and now 4G-for optimum use as each technology has its own vital role to play in servicing the myriad connectivity needs of consumers across the country.