Samsung has finally introduced the Galaxy J1 2016, successor of last year’s Galaxy J1 in Dubai, reports GSMArena. The phone is already on display in Jumbo electronics showroom, who is a retailer in UAE. It packs a 4.5-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display, is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, runs on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), has a 5-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. It has 4G LTE connectivity and is expected to come with dual SIM support in select markets like India.
Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) specifications
- 4.5-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core Exynos 3475 processor with Mali T-720 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- 5MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2050mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) comes in Black, White and Gold colors and is priced at AED 499 (US$ 136 / Rs. 9080 approx.).