Gionee has launched Marathon M5 Lite, the company’s latest smartphone in the Marathon series in India. It packs a 4000mAh battery that promises up to 32.7 hours of talk time and 450 hours of standby. It has a full metal body, packs a 5-inch HD display with Dragon trail Glass protection, is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor, runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Amigo UI 3.1, has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has Dual SIM support with 4G LTE connectivity on both and is just 8.5mm thick. Since it has a huge battery, you can also change other smartphones using a OTG cable.
Gionee Marathon M5 Lite specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display with Asahi Dragon trail Glass protection
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Amigo UI 3.1
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 143 x 69.9 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 183g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 4000mAh battery
The Gionee Marathon M5 Lite comes in Golden color and is priced at Rs. 12,999. It is now available from retail stores and official Gionee online store in India.
Commenting on the launch, TimirBaranAcharya, General Manager, Gionee India said:
After the runaway success with the Marathon Series i.e. M2, M3, M4 and recently launched M5 capacity Smartphone, we are strengthening our focus to the battery phones and are excited to introduce to you the Marathon M5 Lite. We are certain that the Marathon M5 Lite would be well-accepted by the consumers, just like its predecessors.