ZTE has introduced AXON MAX, the company’s latest smartphone in the AXON series in China. It packs a 6-inch 1080p AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass, is powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 64-bit processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with MiFavor 3.5 UI. It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) for quick focus in just 0.1 seconds and a 13-megapixel front-facing camera. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back and comes with USB Type-C reversible port.
It has aircraft-grade aluminum-titanium alloy body and is just 7.5mm thick. It has hybrid dual SIM slot that lets you use the second SIM slot as a microSD expansion slot when required. It packs a 4140mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 that lets you charge the phone from 0 to 60% in just 30 minutes.
ZTE AXON MAX specifications
- 6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass
- 1.5GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB of internal memory, expandable memory upto 128GB
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with MiFavor 3.5 UI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, PDAF
- 13MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- AK4961 24-bit ADC
- Dimensions: 160 x 80 x 7.5mm; Weight: 188g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4140mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0
The ZTE AXON MAX comes in Golden color, is priced at 2,799 Yuan (US$ 431 / Rs. 28630 approx.). It is available for order in China and will go on sale later this month. No word on the global roll out yet.