Alcatel has launched its latest camera-centric Flash 2 smartphone in India, as it promised. It packs a 5-inch HD screen, is powered by an Octa-Core 64-bit MediaTek processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) OS. It has a 13-megapixel gSight rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF) that would let you focus a subject in just 0.3 seconds. It also has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with soft LED flash for capturing better selfies.
The company has partnered with Flipkart to sell the smartphone exclusively. Even though there is Alcatel OneTouch on the back, the company is just calling it Alcatel Flash 2 in India. It has dual SIM support and 4G LTE connectivity with support for FDD LTE bands: B1/B3/B7 and TDD LTE band: B40.
Alcatel Flash 2 specifications
- 5-inch (720 × 1280 pixels) HD display with 294 ppi, 178-degree viewing angle
- 1.3GHz Octa-Core 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 processor with Mali-T720MP4 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Samsung S5K3M2 ISOCELL Sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens with blue glass optical filter, PDAF, 80-degree wide angle, 1080P video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with Soft LED flash, OV5648 1/4″ sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Alcatel Flash 2 comes in Volcanic Grey color and is priced at Rs. 9,299 in India. It will be available exclusively from Flipkart starting from October 27th at 12:00 PM through flash sale. Registrations for the sale will begin today.
Commenting on the launch, Albert Wong, General Manager, Alcatel Flash, said:
Mobigraphy is not just an action, but is now a lifestyle. We understand this from the very beginning when we created the Flash series. What we have done for Alcatel Flash 2 is to continue to improve on what we already have and make it better yet at the same time continue to provide accessibility and convenience to the users to shoot their best moments.
Sandeep Karwa, Director – Retail, Flipkart said:
Offering customers a superior mobile photography experience, we are happy to announce the exclusive launch of Alcatel Flash 2 on our platform. Designed to match the requirements of every new age tech savvy customer, we are confident that this new addition to our smartphone portfolio will be a big success.