Meizu announced m2, successor of the Meizu m1 in China back in July. Today the company has announced that it will launch the m2 smartphone in India next week. It packs a 5-inch HD screen with a screen-to-body ratio of 75.6%, is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core 64-bit MediaTek processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with FlyMe OS 4.5. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dual SIM support with 4G connectivity on both with support for both FDD 1800 MHz and TDD 2300 MHz 4G LTE bands for India and the second slot can be used as a microSD expansion slot when required. It has polycarbonate unibody design and weighs 131 grams. It has 2GB RAM and 16GB eMMC 5.0 storage from Samsung.
Meizu m2 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display with 1000:1 contrast ratio, AGC Dragontrail glass protection
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with FlyMe OS 4.5
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5p lens, Gorilla Glass 3 protective lens glass
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4p lens
- Hybrid Dual SIM (second slot can also be used as microSD slot)
- Dimensions: 140.1×68.9×8.7mm; Weight: 131g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / GLONASS
- 2500mAh battery
The Meizu m2 comes in White, Grey, Blue and Pink colors. It was launched in China at 599 Yuan, which converts to about Rs. 6,100, so we can expect it to be priced under Rs. 7000. We should know the exact price on October 12th, Monday.