Yesterday, Google announced the Nexus 6P in three colors – Aluminium, Graphite and Frost White. Now, it looks like Japan may get a special version of the phone.
The gold version of the Nexus 6P is a special edition has been listed on Japanese Google Play Store. It is not clear how much the Nexus 6P costs or when it will be available although, you can sign up to be placed on a waiting list. Prices are listed in yen for the corresponding Google Play Music trial offer that comes with the phone which indicates that it is available for the Japanese market. Specifications of the special edition of the Nexus 6P remains the same.
Google Nexus 6P specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor ( 4x 1.5GHz ARM A53 + 4 x 1.8 GHz ARM A57 ) with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB internal memory
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Single nano SIM
- 12.3MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.55um pixels, IR Laser assisted autofocus, smart burst, 4K video recording, slow-motion at 240 fps
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.4um pixels
- Dimensions: 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3mm; Weight: 178g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual front-facing speakers
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO dual-band, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3450mAh battery
Gold color variants have become a trend for almost all the flagship phones from top smartphone makers. It is not known whether the special gold edition of the Nexus 6P will expand globally.